Alexis has a finely tuned aesthetic sensibility and a reverence for outside spaces. Alexis’ over-thirteen-year study of Ikebana, an ancient tradition of Japanese floral arranging, heightens her sensitivity to shape and space within her garden designs. She designs with precision and attention to details, and aspires to create a harmonious combination of colors and textures within the plant and landscape materials selected for the design. She delights in composing spaces for her clients to gather with guests, family, or in solitude to unwind and experience the beauty of their own home.
As a tenured project manager, Alexis anticipates the chronology of the overall project while also tracking the fine details of the design. She integrates with creative strength and skillful poise the sometimes competing goals of the clients, the contractors, and/or the city offices to produce a design that exceeds the clients’ expectations.
- Merritt College, A.A. Landscape Architecture
- Qualified Bay-Friendly Landscape Design Professional
- UC Berkeley Extension Certificate, Garden Design
- Alameda County Master Gardener Certificate
- University of the Pacific, The Conservatory of Music, B.A. Music Management
- Ikebana Practitioner, Sogetsu School